“Let the children come to me and do not hinder them;
for to such belong the Kingdom of Heaven.”
Adoration for Children at St. Lukes
Come spend time with Jesus every first friday of the month.
Check website calendar or bulletin for time.
Father Antoine has many years experience of youth ministry and has been encouraging children to go to adoration for well over 10 years. He believes that leading young people to a greater devotion to the Blessed Sacrament leads them to personal friendship with Christ and an understanding and appreciation of the real presence. This gives them an unshakeable faith, more active participation at Mass and a deeper desire to pray. He mentions these five differences in the children and families of those who participate:
1. Children who previously had only the weekly experience of Mass, discover that the Host is actually the person of Jesus, mysteriously hidden.
2. They develop a greater interest in the mysteries of our Faith and the liturgy of the Mass.
3. They understand—more than other children of their age who have not experienced Eucharistic Adoration—the relationship between the gift of the Eucharistic Presence of Jesus and His sacrifice on the Cross out of love for mankind.
4. They become much more aware of the various degrees of sin and seem very eager to receive the sacrament of Confession often.
5. Families accompanying their children witness a growing desire for peace and forgiveness within the family.
Pope John Paul was eager for young people to have an encounter with Jesus in the Eucharist. He said, “I urge priests, religious and lay people to continue and redouble their efforts to teach the younger generations the meaning and value of Eucharistic adoration and devotion.” (from the Vatican, 28 May, 1996). Our Lord is accredited with these words in Sister Faustina’s diary:
"Today bring to me the meek and humble souls and the souls of little children, and immerse them in my mercy. These souls most closely resemble my heart. They strengthened me during my bitter agony. I saw them as earthly angels, who will keep vigil at my altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with my confidence."
Information Above obtained from http://loveundefiled.blogspot.com/2009/07/eucharistic-adoration-for-children.html.